Pages

Baking Therapy

Baking is my therapy and lately I've needed a little comforting.  My cousin recently posted a recipe for English Muffin Bread, it being one of her go to recipes for a little comfort food.  I can see why, it's simple and easy and the result is a couple of hot loaves of delicious white bread with a tender bite and a nice yeasty aroma.

As yeast bread goes this is pretty darn simple.  Mix the dough, knead it in the bowl only enough to get it to come together and then shape into your loaf pans, a single rise in the pan and into the oven it goes.  A half hour later your kitchen smells like a bakery and you forget you worries because you are trying to will that bread to cool enough to cut that first hot slice.  Mr Sid came home from work, took one look and said "I can't wait to make an egg sandwich on that", then promptly buttered and devoured a slice.

A couple of slices are headed into the toaster in a moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment